About Me

My photo
Collinsville, OK, United States
Creating cool stuff - love making cards, scrap booking, altered art - just love getting creative!!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Catching up!

It has been awhile since my last post! I really need to get better about updating my blog! Some days there is nothing of interest to blog about, the 24 hours in a day aren't enough for me sometimes!

Well the Everything Wendy Yahoo Group had a grunge rose swap, previous post I showed the roses I recieved, which were beauties! This lovely goodie is from the second part of the swap - you had to take one rose and make art! Eileen from New York did this nifty piece for me! I finished Eileens yesterday and will mail it on Monday. I wil post a picture of it when she recieves it. Do you ever wonder when you create something if it is good enough art for the person you made it for? I panic sometimes as I do not create everyday and have not been schooled in art either! Some of these folks in my Yahoo groups are so talented, I just wonder when I can make things that look as good!
Alrighty then onto the next item - I went into Collinsville to get some supplies at Croppinsville, yes I know Allie is not there, however, her husband and son were manning the store! After gettting my goods I drove by the local chinese place and thought hmmm chinese sounds yumo right now, so I stopped, they were freaking closed! So disappointed and so hungry for chinese right now! Oh wait there's one on 86th street in Owasso......on the way there I can stop at Goodwill, get chinese and head home, sounds like a plan!! Well I don't go to Goodwill as often as I should cause I got theses fabulous items! The pan is a donut pan, of course I'm not making donuts! The wonderful Suze Weinberg creates these donuts using UTEE and uses them as jewelry pieces --Eureka what a great idea and I now have the pan in my hot little hands for $3.00!!! The other item is suppose was used to hold CD's in, I had other plans for it! I decided to use it for my Ink pads, I have so many and like to keep them in one area of my craft table where they are visible or else I don't use them - out of sight out of mind! That terrific find was $6.00, so it was a good recycle day at Goodwill I thought!! If you catch it at the right time you can always find something you need! It is interesting now when I look at something I don't always look at it for the use its intended but for art! Funny!
Well I am off to melt some UTEE and see what I can create!
Have a wonderful day!
Remember to thank a soldier too! Top secret info - one of my family members is in the sandbox, not my son - please keep this family member in your prayers for a safe return and guidance to make the right choices during this time! ALso please pray for another family member in hopes their unit does not get deployed ---young babies at home!
Peace and Love!

No comments: