About Me

My photo
Collinsville, OK, United States
Creating cool stuff - love making cards, scrap booking, altered art - just love getting creative!!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Exciting evening..............NOT

Well last night Rowdy attacked Bandit and Boomer chimed in. They both had Bandit in their grip with their teeth! I was horrified, yelling, trying to get the two of them all of him while Bandit yelped. Finally got both dogs off and into their respective cages and tended to Bandit. He was pretty beaten up, there was blood all over him - I was freaking out. In the midst of getting the two bigger dogs, one of them bit me on my thumb, ouch! I proceeded to drag both cages out to the garage so Bandit could have some peace and me too! Wrapped him in a towel and sat down trying to calm us both. Bandit would not let me put him down, he needed to be held which I did. Allen came home and we looked over his injuries and decided he needed to see the vet. We really did not want to take the chance of something dire happening to him. He had a gash on the side of his leg and another one by his jewels. They were not bleeding any longer, but thought we'd rather not take the chance of infection or something worse happening. Allen took him to the vet today and he has 8 staples on his leg and one by his jewels. He is pretty bruised up too! The vet had to shave him to see what else was going on and found scratches on his back. Mind you Bandit is a 7 pound Chihuahua--poor baby got a dose of antibiotics and ointment to prevent him from licking his wounds. Thankfully the vet knocked him out for the staples and cleaning up. Here are some pics from yesterday and today, I am sure you can tell the difference between the days.



My baby and I are going to chill and watch tv!



Peace!


















2 comments:

:eather McGehee Morrison said...

That is so sad. Im so sorry you have to deal with this.

celia said...

poor baby, xoxoxox