About Me

My photo
Collinsville, OK, United States
Creating cool stuff - love making cards, scrap booking, altered art - just love getting creative!!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Woo hoo!!

It has been a bittersweet week, my son, Marc and his girlfriend Casey came for a visit on Thursday. Marc is a Marine who will leave March 10-14 to Afghanistan, ugh. Can I call the prez and tell him not to send my baby boy? You hear so much about Afghanistan and Iraq that it is scary. Marc is in the Airwing division in Aircraft crash and rescue, basically a firefighter. From what he says they should be pretty much protected from the enemy - is he just saying that so I don't have a nervous breakdown? Thankfully Marc is much stronger than me! He's a good man and I am very proud of his accomplishments in life and the Marines. I've always read about the Blue Star mothers and their efforts to send freedom boxes - now I will be sending boxes to my son! As for Casey, she of course is a beautiful young lady who is very quiet and a vegitarian - more willpower than I - too much in love with steak to do that! Anyway it was a nice visit, too short! Please keep Marc in your prayers for a safe stay and a safe return home! Semper Fi!



Ok ART! I took a class Saturday at Croppinsville ----it was a junque journal taught by Sara . All I can say is WOW - what fun the class was and I learned so much. My daughter Cassie is getting married in September and she asked me to do the guest book- gasp, me! Of course I want it to be perfect so this class came just in time for me to learn and practice!! The only pictures I took were of my stuff during the class, another woman in class, Sharon, took photos of everyones work which I will see later in the week!



The junque journal is pretty much a journal to keep notes in - Sara gutted the hard cover book for us and made the signatures - we just had to put it all together along with our art work! The class was from 9:30 to 5:00 a long day for me- it was well worth it to learn from Sara! My friend Sharon has a birthday coming up.....this would make a nice gift! Here are some pictures from my almost finished book - Enjoy!



The first one is of the inside - second is the cover and the third is the spine -










Here are some ATC's I am working on for a swap in my Wendy group -Not completed yet but not much more to do and they will be finished and ready to be mailed!!














I hope everyone has a blessed week filled with good things and creative work!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I thoroughly enjoyed you in my class...and your project looks awesome!

I will definitely send prayers for the safety of your son!

celia said...

wow very cool, Sara is a great at creations. and ilove your atc and book!oh, wow marc came home! yeah! and boo Man, icant beleive it is that time. Best wishes that you dont bite your fingernails and prayers that he stays safe! xoxoxo

KAT said...

Looks like the class was GREAT! Is Allie nice in person - I've only dealt with her via emails...

All our love is with you are your son leaves to protect our Great Nation - you should be very proud of him! Blessings!